The 2015 Multiplication Summit of the Wesleyan Church is an event put on by the Nitrogen Network (the Church Health and Multiplication Department of The Wesleyan Church). This was a three day event from November 04 to November 06 with the goal of stirring up conversation on how to triple our current church multiplication efforts.
The way Nitrogen set this up was like this:
- Arrive at an innovative church involved with multiplication
- Tour the church
- Hear plenary session with lead pastor(s)
- Hear plenary session with pastor in similar context
- Attend first breakout with another pastor in a similar context
- Attend second breakout with another pastor in a similar context
The only way to make this work with my ministry schedule was to fly out of Minneapolis. Since we just started a new semester of Small Groups I needed to be at church Tuesday night. So I got up at 1am Wednesday morning (Tuesday “night”), hopped in the shower and drove to MN to catch a 6:00am flight. I had to stay awake so I drank coffee and listened to The Dave Ramsey show.
I was picked up in GR by Jim Bowen, pastoring a church plant in Detroit and met a lot of other great pastors there at the airport. We grabbed some Arby’s and headed over to Kentwood. After shaking a few hands we loaded up on two charter buses to begin the tour.